Successfully launching a Community Development Entity (CDE) to address the economic development goals of your organization can be challenging. Affirmative Investments has leveraged its experience with its CDE in order to assist other organizations launch and manage their own.
Our services include:
- Defining the CDE's Strategy and Objectives
- Referring NMTC legal counsel and assisting with the legal formation of the CDE
- Writing the NMTC Application
- Identifying and structuring deals
- Engaging investors and lenders to facilitate other project financing
- Managing the CDE's closing process on the CDE's behalf
One example of our work in this capacity is with Pittsburgh Urban Initiatives (PUI), the CDE controlled by the City of Pittsburgh's Urban Redevelopment Authority. Since 2010, AI has authored five successful applications totaling $138MM in Allocation award and has assisted PUI in closing 18 transactions totaling $119MM in deployed Allocation.
For more information on how we can help you, contact Dave Scheltz, New Market Tax Credit Project Manager, at 617-367-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.